Emergency First Aid
Emergency FIRST AID
$70.00 per person, INCL GST
4 Hours (1 day)
8:30am - 12:30pm (Generally)
NZQA Units: 6400 only, this is validated by having completed 6401 & 6402 and before the expiry date of 6401 & 6402.
4 Hour face to face training to meet NZQA requirements
- Calling 111
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey
- Care of unconscious patient
Wounds, bleeding and shock
- How to stop major bleeding
- Treatment for crush, amputation, embedded objects.
- Recognising and treatment for shock
- Assisting someone in Anaphylactic shock
- Head injuries
- Spinal injury (log roll)
Hypothermia & hyperthermia
- Frost nip & frost bite
- Heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Internal Bleeding & Heat Stroke
- Identifying signs of internal bleeding