Outdoor First Aid
outdoor first aid
$175.00 Per Person, including GST *Courses are booked on demand
8 Hours (1 day)
8:30am - 5:00pm
NZQA Units: Unit 424.
(prerequisite unit 6400) 6401-6402
8 Hour face to face training to meet NZQA requirements
This course covers how to deliver outdoor emergency first aid in dramatic or extreme situations and trains you to respond in a manner that can saves lives.
You will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence required to help stabilise the people/situation until further assistance arrives.
- Aquire information related to injures and/or medical problems associated with your chosen outdoor activity.
- Identifying and minimising harmful environmental conditions.
- Learn immediate emergency care while waiting for emergency services. (From 2-12 hours)
- Maintain group morale and safety.
- Carry techniques & description of patients conditions.
- The correct procedure for a log roll.
Contact us to about tailoring these courses to suit your activity or sports.